There are quite a few website builders out there, but two stand out: Webflow vs Wix. They’re both incredibly popular platforms that make it easy to build a website without any coding knowledge or experience. But which one is better? Let’s find out!
What is Webflow?
Webflow is a website builder that lets you build websites without writing code. It’s a cloud-based service, so you can access it from any device and work on your site anywhere. Webflow has both a drag-and-drop tool and WYSIWYG editor for building your website, making it easy to create stunning websites without having to learn any coding skills.
Webflow uses responsive design technology to ensure that your website looks good on all devices (phones, tablets and desktop computers).
What is Wix?
Wix is a cloud-based platform that allows individuals and businesses to create and manage websites without the need for extensive technical knowledge or coding skills. It provides an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that enables users to design and customize websites easily. Wix offers a variety of templates for different types of websites, such as business websites, online stores, portfolios, blogs, and more.
The main differences between Webflow vs Wix
- Design Flexibility:
- Webflow: Webflow is known for its high degree of design flexibility and customization. It allows users to design websites with precise control over layouts, animations, interactions, and responsive design. It’s popular among designers and developers who want more creative freedom.
- Wix: Wix offers a drag-and-drop interface and provides a variety of templates, making it beginner-friendly. While it offers customization, it may not provide the same level of granular control over design and interactions as Webflow.
- Code Access:
- Wix: Wix is designed for users who want to build websites without touching code. While it offers customization options, users don’t have direct access to the codebase.
- Learning Curve:
- Webflow: Due to its more advanced design capabilities and the option to work with code, Webflow might have a steeper learning curve, especially for users who are not familiar with web development concepts.
- Wix: Wix is generally easier for beginners to pick up quickly due to its intuitive drag-and-drop interface and simplified design process.
- Webflow: Webflow provides e-commerce capabilities, allowing users to create online stores. However, the e-commerce features may not be as robust as what Wix offers in terms of managing products, inventory, and payment gateways.
- Wix: Wix has a strong focus on e-commerce and provides a wide range of tools for creating and managing online stores, including features like product catalogs, shopping carts, and payment options.
- Web Hosting and Performance:
- Webflow: Webflow websites are hosted on Webflow’s own servers, which generally results in good performance and speed. Users have the option to use their own custom domains.
- Wix: Wix also hosts websites on its own servers, ensuring decent performance. It offers domain hosting as well as the option to purchase or connect custom domains.
Choosing between Webflow vs Wix
If you’re a developer, Webflow is the better option for you.
If you’re not a developer and want to create your own website without learning how to code, Wix is probably the best choice. It’s very user-friendly and easy to use; however, if you have any knowledge of programming languages (HTML/CSS) then Webflow will give you more control over what looks like on your site.
Webflow has been around since 2014 while Wix was founded in 2006 so they both have plenty of experience under their belts when it comes to creating websites with ease. If we were forced at gunpoint into choosing between these two services we’d say go with Webflow because they’re constantly updating their product while also keeping prices low!
Wix is a great service for small businesses who want a website but don’t have the time, money or expertise to create one themselves. It’s also great if you want to build a simple landing page for something like an Instagram account or Facebook page. Wix does not have any limitations on what you can do with your site so if you’re looking for something more advanced than their free plan then check out their paid plans which start at $5 per month.
Webflow vs Wix: Which is Easier to Use?
Wix’s interface is more intuitive. It has a wider range of templates, so you can jump right in and start building your site without having to learn how to use the software first. If you’re new to web design, this could be a good choice for you.
Webflow is better for advanced users who want more flexibility and control over their designs. Webflow’s drag-and-drop functionality allows users with more advanced skills to customize their sites exactly as they want them–with no coding required!
It’s also a great choice for those who want to build responsive sites. Webflow offers more control over how your site adapts to different screen sizes, so you can create websites that look good on both mobile and desktop devices.
Webflow is better for advanced users who want more flexibility and control over their designs. Webflow’s drag-and-drop functionality allows users with more advanced skills to customize their sites exactly as they want them–with no coding required! It’s also a great choice for those who want to build responsive sites. Webflow offers more control over how your site adapts to different screen sizes, so you can create websites that look good on both mobile and desktop devices.
Who Offers Better Website Templates Between Wix vs Webflow?
Wix has a much wider range of templates, but Webflow offers more freedom in terms of design and layout.
Wix has a wide selection of website templates, but Webflow offers more freedom in terms of design and layout.
Webflow costs $12 per month while Wix is free for most users (paid plans start at $4 per month).
Webflow is easier to use than Wix, but it doesn’t offer as many options. The templates on Webflow are very simplistic and do not allow for much customization.
Wix is a better choice for someone who wants a simple website that looks good. Webflow is better suited for those who are more experienced with web design and want to have more control over their site’s appearance.
Wix vs Webflow Themes: Who Comes Out on Top?
When it comes to themes, there are more options on Wix than Webflow. However, the quality of these templates is not as high and they’re more expensive.
Wix offers over 100 free and premium themes that you can customize with your own images and text. For example, if you want a website that looks like a blog with lots of white space (and no advertising), there’s an option for that! You can also choose from several different categories like business or travel websites so it’s easier for people who don’t know much about web design to find something they like in their price range.
Webflow has fewer templates overall but what sets them apart from other services are their premium templates: These cost around $99 per year but offer features such as responsive design (so your site will look great on any device) along with custom CSS controls so no coding experience required!
How Much Will These Website Builders Set You Back?
In terms of pricing, both Webflow and Wix are paid services. However, the monthly price for Webflow is less than half that of Wix. This makes sense because Webflow has fewer features than Wix you’re paying for what you get. If you want more functionality in your website builder, then it might be better to choose a service like Squarespace or WordPress that offers more customization options.
Webflow does offer an excellent free trial where users can make as many changes as they want before deciding whether or not they want to subscribe; this is great for those who aren’t sure about committing right away but still want to see how their site looks once it’s built out (and see if there are any bugs). The only drawback is that the free trial expires after 14 days which isn’t long enough!
-Webflow is not a CMS (content management system). This means that you won’t be able to edit the content on your website unless you have technical knowledge of HTML and CSS. If you don’t have this type of experience, then it might be better to choose a service like Squarespace or WordPress which offer more customization options.
So, which one is better? Well, that depends on what you need. If you want an easy-to-use website builder with lots of templates and features, then we recommend Webflow. But if you’re on a tight budget or have specific needs that aren’t met by any other website builder, then Wix may be the way to go.